How to Reduce Cost per Call in Your Customer Care Center?
Ready to start your eCommerce journey?Get in touch
- How to Improve Customer Service After-Hours with Conversational IVRS?
- Elision Technologies Shines at Bharat BFSI Leadership Summit & Awards 2024.
- Key Trends Shaping Contact Center Efficiency: A Deep Dive into UI and UX Design Evolution!
- Elision Attained Prestigious VNO License From DOT
- Happy CX, Happy Holidays – Diwali; A Celebration of Unity, Devotion and Festivity
- Unlocking the Future of Customer Experience, with AI; Elision & GITEX 2023 Trends
- GITEX Dubai 2023: The Future of Customer Interaction and Beyond!
- How Is WhatsApp Business Shaping the Future of Contact Centers?
- The Synergy of Agent Experience and Customer Experience: Creating a Winning Combination!
- Driving Customer Satisfaction with Advanced Contact Center Solutions in Africa
Running a call center is an expensive business. From expensive technology tools to deployment, server costs, maintenance, staffing, human resource management, etc. is quite resource-intensive and expensive. Therefore, it becomes necessary to identify each possible opportunity to reduce cost per call.
In this blog post, we have gathered the top tips that you can implement in your customer care center to reduce the cost per call.
1. Hire experienced agents
The cost of training, coaching, etc. can be reduced if you hire an experienced team. Moreover, the experienced agents will be able to use the call center solution more efficiently and promptly. They can reduce the cost per call by reducing average call duration, increasing first contact resolution, etc.
2. Focus on strategic training
Even if you hire trained and skilled agents, you will need to provide the training and coaching to work more efficiently. Instead of giving training in a broadcasting manner, segregate agents based on their skills and give them skill based training. You must also deliver real-time coaching, so they can work more efficiently. This will not only reduce the cost per resource training, but it will reflect in reducing cost per call, too.
3. Adopt a remote working model
You can further chop down the cost per call by adopting a work from home model. The call center solutions support a remote working environment along with multiple other features. Some call center software providers also offer a work from home add-on to enhance the remote working model. The remote work will cut down expenses related to physical space, infrastructure, etc. to accommodate agents in a call center.
4. Use a cloud contact center solution
Using a cloud contact center solution can further help in reducing the cost per call. It helps in eliminating costs for the following:
- You don’t need to use expensive and heavy hardware, servers, etc. This ensures a saving cost over infrastructure.
- The cycle of scaling up the software can be reduced by using a cloud contact center solution.
- Remote operations can be more cost-effective and inexpensive with this platform.
- It eliminates the need of hiring on-premise technical engineers to handle servers and IT infrastructure.
All this contributes to reducing the cost per call.
5. Use the rental model
The hosted cloud contact center solution is often cheaper compared to the licensed version because:
- You don’t need to pay the license fee
- You don’t need to pay for hosting
- You don’t need to invest in the maintenance
Thus, if you can, you should use rental call center software hosted on a cloud.
These are the top 5 tips that any call center or business that is using a call center solution can use to reduce the cost per call.
We provide a reliable call center solution, as well as, a cloud contact center solution to reduce the total cost per call and leverage multiple other advantages. Contact us to discuss more about our software for call centers and how it can help.