How to Use Skills based Routing Effectively?
Ready to start your eCommerce journey?Get in touch
- How are unified communication platforms helping businesses in Africa?
- The Role of Cloud Technology in the Growth of Africa’s Contact Center Industry
- How ChatGPT is Revolutionizing the Contact Center Industry?
- The Importance of Cybersecurity & AI in Africa’s Contact Center Industry
- Can State of the Art Banking Solutions Prevent Falls like SVB?
- Elision at the 30th Convergence Expo India 2023
- Overcoming the Talent Shortage in Africa’s Contact Center Industry
- 5 Types of Customer Service [Highs and Lows]
- Omnichannel Contact Center: A Champion’s Guide that You’ll Ever Need
- How Does NBFC Improve Customer Experience?
Almost all modern call center software is equipped with a variety of call routing rules to increase agents’ productivity and customer satisfaction. Skill based routing is one of the advanced call routing module that will let you utilize the full potential of your agents. That’s the reason almost all contact center solutions come with this feature.
Having skill based routing feature doesn’t finish your job, you have to take certain steps to make the most out of it. To help you assure that you use your skill based routing effectively, here is a step wise guide.
1. Build a skill set and map it to the agents
Each call center would need different types of skills in its agents. Some skills can be taught as part of training programs and some are prerequisite in an agent before awarding him a job.
Your agents will have multiple skills such as, speaking multiple languages, taking care of different types of concerns, etc. You should make a list of skills that are most important to handle calls effectively and map those to the agents that hold those skills.
2. Create call routing rules for skill based routing
The skill based routing automatically route the call to the most skilled agent, but for that you have to define the call routing rules. When you start using a contact center solution, it will not know the details of your agents and their skills. Thus, you have to configure rules for the same. You can take help of your provider to set these rules for you.
3. Monitor and Fine-tune
Don’t just sit back after setting the skill based routing; to assure it is working at its best, you must monitor the call logs and voice recordings. Review how it is going. A well configured skill based routing will show the following results in the call reports:
- Decreased hold time
- Decreased call transfer ratio
- Short call times
If you see you are not achieving noteworthy results, you can reconfigure the skill based call routing rules and also arrange training sessions for your team to increase and improve their skills set.
These are the three steps that you should follow in a step-wise manner to assure your skill based routing is working effectively.
Looking for more details or feature rich contact center solution? Contact us.