Omnichannel vs. Multichannel Call Center Solution
Ready to start your eCommerce journey?Get in touch
- How are unified communication platforms helping businesses in Africa?
- The Role of Cloud Technology in the Growth of Africa’s Contact Center Industry
- How ChatGPT is Revolutionizing the Contact Center Industry?
- The Importance of Cybersecurity & AI in Africa’s Contact Center Industry
- Can State of the Art Banking Solutions Prevent Falls like SVB?
- Elision at the 30th Convergence Expo India 2023
- Overcoming the Talent Shortage in Africa’s Contact Center Industry
- 5 Types of Customer Service [Highs and Lows]
- Omnichannel Contact Center: A Champion’s Guide that You’ll Ever Need
- How Does NBFC Improve Customer Experience?
With the increasing use of different call center solutions, different terminologies also got popular. In this article, we are going to discuss the two most popular terminologies relate to the call center software:
- Omnichannel call center solution and
- Multichannel call center solution
Knowing what means each of this term and understanding the difference between both can help you choose the right call center solution for your business.
What is an omnichannel call center solution?
A contact center software that supports all majorly used communication channels is called an omnichannel call center solution. It is also called a contact center solution. Below is the list of majorly used communication channels of the 21st century:
- Voice calls
- Facebook, Twitter, and other social media platforms
- Video call
- Live web chat
What is a multichannel call center solution?
A call center solution, which uses multiple (more than one) communication channels, is called multichannel call center software. It does not support all communication channels similar to omnichannel contact center software.
Difference between omnichannel and multichannel contact center software:
As now you are aware of the fundamental difference between call center solutions, let’s explore more details, which make them different. We will also share, which type of call center solution is good for what type of customers.
- Omnichannel call center solution provides a complete and holistic solution. On the other hand, a multichannel call center software only offers a competitive call center solution that is empowered by multiple modes of communication.
- As many communication channels and their APIs get integrated into the omnichannel contact center software, it is an expensive solution compared to multichannel software.
- An omnichannel contact center dialer shares all communication channels with the agents. It means the holistic approach can be followed to deliver universal services. On the other hand, a multichannel call center solution does not provide a combined system. The communication channel works independently. Therefore, if an agent is attending a complaint call from the customer and if that customer had communicated via email, then the agent will not have that information. Of course, if the customer had called at the call center more than once, then the agent will know the call history (subject to features of the call center software).
- Both of these solutions enhance customer support and sales campaigns. It allows agents to reach out to the customer on his or her preferred mode of communication.
- A majority of call center solutions, in both cases, offer call detail reports to provide the performance of each communication channel.
Which one is right for your business?
Of course, an omnichannel call center solution is the best choice for any business. However, it is not necessary to go for it only. If you have some budget constraints or if your customers are less likely to use all different communication channels then you better go for a multichannel call center solution.
We can help you chose the right software and can also provide that software for your business. For more details, contact us.