What to Include in Training Call Center Agents?
Ready to start your eCommerce journey?Get in touch
- GITEX Dubai 2023: The Future of Customer Interaction and Beyond!
- How Is WhatsApp Business Shaping the Future of Contact Centers?
- The Synergy of Agent Experience and Customer Experience: Creating a Winning Combination!
- Driving Customer Satisfaction with Advanced Contact Center Solutions in Africa
- Enhancing Customer Interactions: The Power of Contact Center Solutions in the UAE
- How are unified communication platforms helping businesses in Africa?
- The Role of Cloud Technology in the Growth of Africa’s Contact Center Industry
- How ChatGPT is Revolutionizing the Contact Center Industry?
- The Importance of Cybersecurity & AI in Africa’s Contact Center Industry
- Can State of the Art Banking Solutions Prevent Falls like SVB?
In any call center, agents are the only people who communicate with customers. They are the face of the company and brand representative. Thus, they have to be well versed and well trained. All call centers have their own training programs. With time, call centers must update their training programs. In this blog, we will share what a call center must include in agents’ training.
1. Company information
The first thing agents need to learn in a call center is about the company. Many call centers don’t give importance to including company information on training, but it is very important. It will not only make agents more confident, but will also help them carry the value of the company. In this segment of training, call centers must include:
- History of the company
- Vision, mission, and values of the company
- Major goals of the company
2. Technical training
Many agents, if they are experienced, are used to with a call center solution. However, different call center solutions may have different flow and GUI. Thus, technical training is necessary. If agents are interns or fresher, technical training becomes mandatory. In the technical training, call centers need to train agents to effectively use the following software:
- Call center solution
- CRM software
- And any other software used in the call center
3. Script usage training
Scripts will be given to all agents and call scripts are often precise, perfect, and clear. Still, sometimes, the message does not get conveyed to the customers. Therefore, it is necessary for call centers to have a segment of training that covers script usage. It may surprise you, but it is true and necessary. For example, if an agent usually speaks slowly or has bad accents, then the customer will not listen to the agent. Therefore, agents need the training to use a call script correctly. In this training, call centers must train agents to use:
- Right tone so customer takes interest in listening
- Natural dialogues so the speech does not sound robotic
- Correct way of initiating a call with the right greetings
- The right way to conclude the call
4. Etiquettes, soft skills, and more
The last segment of training includes other points such as etiquettes, soft skills, empathy, etc. All these are common human traits. However, not all humans have these traits, thus, agents need to be trained to behave as professionals who empathize with the concerns of customers and are skilled enough to give the resolutions. This segment of training is related to delivering an excellent customer experience on the call. Thus, it includes many important things such as:
- Patience when customers are furious or impatient
- Way of transferring calls
- Keeping customers engaged
- Not putting the call on hold for too long
- Professionally taking supervisor on the line if conferencing is needed
- And more
All these must be part of your call center training. If you are looking for a call center solution, contact us.