Contact Center Trends 2023: Get Ready for the Future
Ready to start your eCommerce journey?Get in touch
- How to Improve Customer Service After-Hours with Conversational IVRS?
- Elision Technologies Shines at Bharat BFSI Leadership Summit & Awards 2024.
- Key Trends Shaping Contact Center Efficiency: A Deep Dive into UI and UX Design Evolution!
- Elision Attained Prestigious VNO License From DOT
- Happy CX, Happy Holidays – Diwali; A Celebration of Unity, Devotion and Festivity
- Unlocking the Future of Customer Experience, with AI; Elision & GITEX 2023 Trends
- GITEX Dubai 2023: The Future of Customer Interaction and Beyond!
- How Is WhatsApp Business Shaping the Future of Contact Centers?
- The Synergy of Agent Experience and Customer Experience: Creating a Winning Combination!
- Driving Customer Satisfaction with Advanced Contact Center Solutions in Africa
Similar to all other industry verticals, the contact center industry also faces changing trends every year. The year 2020 has impacted many aspects of this industry, which is why it has become even more crucial to look forward to the future trends to be witnessed by the contact centers. Knowing the trends will help you get ready for the future and stay ahead of your competitors.
In this blog, we will share major contact center trends to look forward in 2023.
1. Number of remote call centers will increase
The year 2020 enforced remote operation to obey the legislation and to reduce the spread of the COVID 19. Therefore, many call centers had started using a cloud call center solution with a ‘Work from Home’ add-on. This allowed contact centers to experience the benefits of remote call centers. This trend will continue. The number of remote call centers has increased and it will increase even further in 2023.
2. Self-service options will be inevitable in contact centers
Automation in contact centers has been important for many years. The scarcity of the workforce has made this need even more evident. Self-serving options to let customers get answers to their queries automatically have become necessary.
The best call center software comes with a wide array of features, which lets customers get the answers to the frequently asked questions without the intervention of humans. Chatbots and voice assistants can also take over this segment to deliver more reliable and accurate self-serving features in 2023.
3. WhatsApp and social media will overpower calling channel in contact centers
The omnichannel call center solution has been in use for many years, but in the year 2023, it will become a necessity. Gone are the days when customers stay in the call queue for long minutes until they connect with the customer care executive and get the resolution.
Now, customers grab their smartphone and tweet their anger on Twitter or post an angry comment over the Facebook page of the company. This has made use of the omnichannel call center solution necessary. Even if one does not use omnichannel contact center software, integration of popular communication channels like WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, etc. is mandatory as those are the future communication channels.
4. Major focus will be on the client-employee experience
For many years, the contact centers have been focusing on delivering a great customer experience. However, things are more likely to change to give equal importance to employees in the year 2023. As per the industry experts, to deliver an excellent customer experience, the companies need to have experienced and well-versed agents.
If employees are not nurtured and valued in the contact center, they are more likely to switch the job. This increases the hopping ratio, which is also known as the job rotation rate. This can result in a waste of money and time as well as poor customer service. Therefore, the new trend in the contact center industry will be focused on good employee experience along with the customer experience.
These are the major trends, which will shape the future. Are you ready to welcome the year 2023?