Difference between Contact Center Solution and Call Center Solution
Ready to start your eCommerce journey?Get in touch
- Key Trends Shaping Contact Center Efficiency: A Deep Dive into UI and UX Design Evolution!
- Elision Attained Prestigious VNO License From DOT
- Happy CX, Happy Holidays – Diwali; A Celebration of Unity, Devotion and Festivity
- Unlocking the Future of Customer Experience, with AI; Elision & GITEX 2023 Trends
- GITEX Dubai 2023: The Future of Customer Interaction and Beyond!
- How Is WhatsApp Business Shaping the Future of Contact Centers?
- The Synergy of Agent Experience and Customer Experience: Creating a Winning Combination!
- Driving Customer Satisfaction with Advanced Contact Center Solutions in Africa
- Enhancing Customer Interactions: The Power of Contact Center Solutions in the UAE
- How are unified communication platforms helping businesses in Africa?
The trend of dialing the customers’ numbers for prospecting or attending calls on the landline is outdated. Due to the flexibility offered by the software solutions even a small department of customer support in a company is furnished with the call center or contact center solution.
However, most of the time people interchangeably use the term call center solution and contact center solution. While the fact is that both solutions are different from each other. Yes, the difference is not that big. However, there is a fundamental difference in these 2 different types of solutions, namely, call center solution and contact center solution.
Call Center solution is a software solution which comes up with the limited number of features to support day to day tasks at the call centers. This solution provides all required tools to a call center including,
- Call related features
- IVR (Interactive Voice Response) system
- Voice logger
- Call recording
- Call detail reports
- Custom reports
- And more
All the above mentioned features collectively empower a call center to run the inbound and outbound calling campaigns with more clear measurement tools and advanced communication platform. This type of solution provides an audio calling mechanism.
Now, there is also advancement in the technology introduced which offers video calling related features. This means a call center solution can use audio calling and video calling feature to provide calling support to its agents and customers.
The Contact Center solution is an advanced version of the call center solution. It has all the features of a typical call center solution. Furthermore, it is furnished with the additional and vital communication modes integrated within the system which are not available in the call center solution. The contact center solution provides following channels for communication:
- Social Media
This means the contact center solution is the perfect tool for any customer support center or customer care center from a small company to big brands. We all know that the customer support is not limited to answering the calls coming in to the customer care center.
However, to cope up with the competition and staying ahead of them for reputation management, one has to listen to the angry customers writing over social channels about their bad experience. The customer support center has to have a tool to listen to each mention on the social networking websites and answer those angry customers and pacify them.
The customer support center may have to send an SMS or an email with instructions required by the caller for further steps as part of query resolution. All these features are available in the contact center solution.
In a nutshell, if you are running a simple call center, then call center solution is the perfect tool to satisfy all your needs. However, if you are running a customer support or customer care center, then you need an advanced platform which supports all communication channels which is the Contact center solution!