Major Challenges Faced by Healthcare Industry without a Contact Center Solution
Ready to start your eCommerce journey?Get in touch
- How to Improve Customer Service After-Hours with Conversational IVRS?
- Elision Technologies Shines at Bharat BFSI Leadership Summit & Awards 2024.
- Key Trends Shaping Contact Center Efficiency: A Deep Dive into UI and UX Design Evolution!
- Elision Attained Prestigious VNO License From DOT
- Happy CX, Happy Holidays – Diwali; A Celebration of Unity, Devotion and Festivity
- Unlocking the Future of Customer Experience, with AI; Elision & GITEX 2023 Trends
- GITEX Dubai 2023: The Future of Customer Interaction and Beyond!
- How Is WhatsApp Business Shaping the Future of Contact Centers?
- The Synergy of Agent Experience and Customer Experience: Creating a Winning Combination!
- Driving Customer Satisfaction with Advanced Contact Center Solutions in Africa
The healthcare industry is one of those industries that are early adopters of technology tools. Technology has empowered many tools and one of them is a communication tool. A contact center solution is one of the most advanced communication tools. It has many utilities and applications in the healthcare industry.
7 out of 10 hospitals have started using the contact center solution to leverage several advantages. However, still, some healthcare departments or organizations don’t use the contact center software.
Let us share the major challenges that the healthcare industry faces if it does not use the contact center solution.
1. Lost leads
- The traditional telephony system has a limitation: with a single number, only one call can be attended. The rest of the callers will listen to the busy tone and are likely to hang up the call.
- The big healthcare organizations usually don’t allow their representatives or receptionists to use a mobile phone to attend patient or customer calls.
- If a contact center solution is not used, then all calls received while the representative was on another call are missed. There is no reliable way to track those numbers and give them a callback.
2. Lack of monitoring tools
- A contact center solution offers a range of monitoring tools to the healthcare management, such as barge-in, whisper, live call statistics, performance reports, etc.
- All the features of the contact center solution allow healthcare management to make sure that healthcare agents are focusing on delivering professional and empathetic responses to the patients or customers.
- The traditional telecommunication solutions don’t provide this facility, which makes it challenging to assure better productivity as well as better services by the healthcare agents.
3. Lack of the most needed call controls
- The contact center solution provides an IVR feature that not only auto attends the call, but also keeps the caller engaged until he is connected to the agent.
- The contact center software also makes sure that all calls are connected to the right agents, so the patient experience can be improved.
- Other than call routing and auto attend, this software also offers major call controls such as call mute and un-mute, blind call transfer, attended call transfer, etc. All these features help in delivering better patient care and customer experience.
- The traditional system does not offer any of these features and therefore, it often creates major challenges for the healthcare industry.
4. Workforce management
- The contact center solution shows reports that can give details about call volume, average call waiting time, etc.
- All these KPIs can be used to define the required workforce in a specific shift so workforce management can be done more accurately.
- Without a contact center solution, it is difficult to manage the workforce efficiently for a healthcare facility.
These are the major and crucial roadblocks the healthcare industry faces without a call center solution. There are some more communication tools that empower the healthcare industry along with a contact center solution. Explore our range of healthcare communication tools.